1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Setting Up International Links

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by danbham, Oct 17, 2016.

1. danbham

danbham New commenter

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to set up some purposeful links so that students can collaborate and communicate between our college here in Birmingham, England, and others around the world.

In the past, I've run Skype sessions with a school in Jacksonville on the business of global sports and ethics in business. I'm looking at doing more projects like this, would anybody be interested in discussing this further?

Thanks,

Danny

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Danny.

I used to co-ordinate Birmingham/Chicago links for a group of schools in Birmingham.
    To be honest a lot of the contacts I had in Chicago high schools have moved on. However I know that Birmingham Council are very keen to re-establish some links. The guy to speak to at the Council is Mike Murray or his assistant Heather Law.
    The last thing I tied to set up was a literature link between two schools. I had sponsorship and everything but was let down suddenly by the teacher over here and the sponsor pulled out.

Mike and Heather may have suggestions for contacts in other countries as well

3. sharon52

sharon52 New commenter

Hi
    I teach at a British school in Mexico I would love to share ideas with IB and IGCSE students

Sharon

4. raun_cesar

raun_cesar New commenter

Hello danbham, i do love to contribute my ideas which can help students to learn and excel.

5. Hi danbham, it will be great if you are interested in having further links from Kenya. I teach here and I am willing to help.