1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Setting up a college

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by hair1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Hi Richard,
    Understand Inspection and Ofsted requirements. Everything cascades from there.

I would like to the same for my vocational area
  2. Without wanting to appear rude - asking the questions you did make me wonder why you are a FE college Principal. Then I wondered, did you appointed yourself Principal?
    Please tell me that's not true!

3. I just wondered why someone would want to set up a new college
    given that there are already more students enrolled on media courses in FE colleges than are employed in the whole of the UK media industry.
  4. If you are setting up a privately funded college, ie, not getting government funding, then you'll need to get your organisation registered with either BAC or ASIC. There accrediation handbook will look at the scope and role of the Principal.
  5. Thanks for the tip. I was just scratching my head wondering whether I had missed something, hence the somewhat vague question.

It is a private institution supported by a number of companies so we are operating somewhat differently.
  6. ok, "that's not true" (its a new style of venture hence the slight apparent vagueness and .... I am very experienced in education and teaching)
  7. I am looking for setting up a private college for IT and business. I came to know that some private consultancy would provide services to assist in registering with ASIC or BAC. How to find out those people or firms?? Any help would be very much appreciated.
  8. Hi there just wanted to ask how you went about funding and choosing your site. I am trying to set up a further education college for special needs students and wondering where to start - any suggestions: Rose