1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Setting Targets for Children, and informing Parents

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by geoj, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hi, have only just joined this thread and your target setting sheet sounds like a good idea. I also have aYear 4 class. I wiuld be really grateful for a copy.

E mail : diane.gee2@btinternet.com

2. You also have mail!

3. <font face="Tahoma" size="2" color="#000000">hello there, </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Please could I have a copy of your assessment as well . my email is: aurelija.kantauske@newlinelearning.com </font><font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Thank you</font><font face="tahoma">-Aurelija</font>

4. Mail sent.

5. Hi, I'm currently out of class developing assessment and tracking for my LA so am always on the search for good practice or examples. Could I please have a copy of your target card template too? Thanks.

6. Hi, me again. I'm new to this forum thing and forgot to include my email for you to send a copy of the template to. My email is <u>charlotteofficer@yahoo.co.uk </u>
    Thanks in advance.

7. Please may I have a copy too - just taken over as assessment coordinator and would love some ideas!
    Many thanks
    clareq@hotmail.com

8. You both have mail too! Who'd have thought this thread would have had so much interest?!

9. I will of course be wanting royalties for anything you go on to use! [​IMG]

10. Hi, i'm currently revamping our tracking system. I would really appreciate any examples!!!

Many many many thanks in advance!!
    Please email to scubatank@hotmail.co.uk

11. You have mail too

12. Hello Clarinetguy,
    I realise you may be getting a liitle tired of sending these out but I would really appreciate a copy for use in a year 2 class. Many thanks in advance.
    Tracy
    tracycupit@hotmail.co.uk

13. Mail on its way

14. Hi - any chance I could have a copy too???
    how about posting it on here in resources?
    lins1967@hotmail.com

15. APP is potentially a real nightmare for teachers.
    Kevin Courtney from camden NUT has done some really good work on it.
    Read what he has to say here http://www.kevin4dgs.com/blog-1/questionsraisedaboutapp-adoptthecamdendeclaration

16. This is an interesting link. While I agree that some LEA's (and therefore headteachers) are making APP a nightmare for some teachers, I can see the good intentions as well.
    <font size="3">"Despite being in favour she acknowledged real concerns and said she&rsquo;d met with all of the teacher unions to discuss it. Her statement that "assessment must not just be to feed the data machine" was met by hollow laughter in many sections of the room.</font>"
    This rather shows the cynicism of some! I believe that assessment in all its forms, including self, peer and teacher-led assessment, can be of enormous value to the children's learning at the time it takes place, rather than simply being a way of generating paperwork about tasks gone by.
    Incidentally, and this is a little off-topic, I also disagree with Mr Courtney on his militant anti-end of Key Stage Tests stance. It is not the testing I have a problem with, but what is done with the data and how it is used as a stick to beat schools with. The unreaslistic expectation of constantly-improving statistics is far more unhelpful than the tests themselves, which can provide valuable insights into the strengths and weaknesses of children in particular areas and the progress they've been making.

17. See the link 4 posts above and you can download it from the resource bank.