1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Server problems

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by rainbowdrop86, May 8, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Really hope someone can help. Our server has been down for nearly a week now. Have found out that there is a known problem with our model, I believe it to be a Hewlett Packard ProLiant ML110 G7 Tower Server - 639260-035. Hp know that there is a fault with this model, and as such have extended our warranty. However, they won't send out an engineer until we can get into the server box. The problem is we don't have the key. If you look at the pic of the box, there is a small round key hole on the front. Have contacted previous ICT co ordintor who was around when it was installed and she has never seen a key. Does anyone have any idea of how to get a key, or how to get in it without a key? Please help!

2. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Really hope someone can help. Our server has been down for nearly a week now. Have found out that there is a known problem with our model, I believe it to be a Hewlett Packard ProLiant ML110 G7 Tower Server - 639260-035. Hp know that there is a fault with this model, and as such have extended our warranty. However, they won't send out an engineer until we can get into the server box. The problem is we don't have the key. If you look at the pic of the box, there is a small round key hole on the front. Have contacted previous ICT co ordintor who was around when it was installed and she has never seen a key. Does anyone have any idea of how to get a key, or how to get in it without a key? Please help!

3. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

The thing you are looking for is a "bezel key"
    I spent hours looking for one for an older model last year to hep out a mate .
    We ended up breakling it open - screwdriver jammed into the lock and a fair bit of brute force -
    Guess what we found taped to the back of the (now broken) bezel ?
    **!**%@:mad:@**&&^^^ !!!!
    Anyway, you could try the partsurfer site at HP here
    But I'll warn you it is very frustrating
    Sorry, couldn't be of much help

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkuUGOsAETw

Could be the start of a new hobby.

5. I take it you've also checked the the back, underneath and inside the sidepanels to make sure no one's gaffer taped the key inside or onto the case.