1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seriously???!!!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by ljr, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ljr

ljr New commenter

Yes - it would be a good idea for a family (a large family) to share , and then everyone could what they want without spending ages ordering different dishes from the menu. I wonder what it costs?

2. bizent

bizent Star commenter

I'm guessing a tenner but how can one person possibly eat all of that?? In an HOUR!!

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

4. bizent

bizent Star commenter

i think even he would struggle!!

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

If it did cost a tenner, they'd be seriously **** quality sausages and bacon and so I wouldn't eat it on that basis alone!
    It's sad that there are people out there with this attitude to food. The idea that eating ridiculous portions of food is a good thing and something to aim for. I like the programme Man Vs Food (as do a few of us on here!) but it's strictly a guilty pleasure, watching it for the car crash nature of the programme. There's no way I'd aspire to attempt any of the challenges on the programme and the sheer greed and evident wastefulness is appalling.

6. The server said it costs fifteen quid. Still, must be **** quality for all that!

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

There is no way I could manage that breakfast!
    If it was good quality and ethically farmed (and at the stated price I seriously doubt it is!) then maybe I could settle down to one egg, a couple of rashers, one sausage, perhaps a slice of black pudding - and then I'd be struggling to find room for any tomatoes/mushrooms let alone beans, potatoes...and just the one, maybe two slices of bread to make a sandwich!....and this would then be 'brunch'!
    I do occassionally watch Man v Food (especially as it currently shows just before Suits) .....Adam seems a likeable young man, but I feel uncomfortable watching the programme. Noone needs to eat that much food! Adam talks about food as someone who loves it.....but guzzling down pounds of the stuff rapidly as he does for these challenges is not showing the food any respect!

8. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Cooked breakfast just makes me thirsty for the rest of the day.
    I have watched Man vs Food but TBH I find it disgusting. Why would anyone eat that much food? I don't find it entertaining although my husband loves it. It's horses for courses I guess.

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Revolting. Why would anyone want to make such a greedy exhibition of themselves?

10. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

As long as it is served with real HP sauce I'll be grand!

11. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

If you watch The Men Who Made us Fat at 9.00 on BBC2 tonight, that the clip is taken from, you might get an answer.