1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Serendipity

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by seagirl, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Ok - you know what it's like - you have nothing in and yet you need a meal - so you get creative and by some wonderful chance you end up making a meal to remember - here's mine:

4 pork sausages almost on their sell by cooked in the oven and added to

lots of veg, including potatoes roasted in olive oil with herbs (dried oregano and fresh basil) mixed with one tin of Berlotti beans from the back of the cupboard and a tin of tomatoes, topped with breadcrumbs, cheese and more herbs.

Mr SG said it was the best meal he had had in ages!!

What's yours?

2. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

A great thread idea but will have to think about this, as have done many such throw-togethers over the years...!

3. The humble pasta bake.
    Many a time I have looked in, nothing there but tins and packets. Dried pasta, tinned beans, tinned toms, Passatta, frozen peppers, cayenne, paprika, tinned mushrooms. Managed to dig out some frozen sausage too (the saviour of meat). All topped off with a pack of ready salted crisps and plenty of cheese. It was wonderful, and many reincarnations have passed my lips since.