1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

September teaching

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by amanda167, Jul 3, 2020.

1. amanda167

amanda167 New commenter

I'm a self employed tutor teaching primary KS2 Spanish in a local school in Devon once a week.

I am 'assuming' I'm going to be asked back in September to teach, but this hasn't yet been confirmed by the HT. I am also nervous of moving between classrooms come September and am considering offering my services virtually.

My question is - I have obviously lost a lot of revenue between the beginning of lockdown and now, and I can't afford to be in that position come September with the possibility of lessons being cancelled at the last minute should the school/class bubble go into lockdown.

If she insists that I come into school, would it be daft to try and negotiate with the HT to see if she might consider paying me for the whole term regardless of a covid outbreak?

2. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Most of the posters on "Private Tutors" don't work in schools so we can't advise on this. You could try posting on "Workplace Dilemmas" which gets a lot more posts than this forum.