1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

september maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jocoant, May 23, 2012.

1. Hi,
    In September (advance planning I know) I don't want my teachers to waste any maths teaching time so want something that we can use to really get a good idea of where the children are in their capabilities in relation to what they should be able to do. Almost like a week or 2 of getting to know abilities so that when it comes to teaching all the new stuff teachers know exactely where the children are and how to push them.
    Is there such a thing out there? Or any planning anyone could share?
    I'd like to stay away from a test as it is sometimes difficult to determine exactely what they can do using what methods.
    Many thanks in advance for any help

2. Hi,
    In September (advance planning I know) I don't want my teachers to waste any maths teaching time so want something that we can use to really get a good idea of where the children are in their capabilities in relation to what they should be able to do. Almost like a week or 2 of getting to know abilities so that when it comes to teaching all the new stuff teachers know exactely where the children are and how to push them.
    Is there such a thing out there? Or any planning anyone could share?
    I'd like to stay away from a test as it is sometimes difficult to determine exactely what they can do using what methods.
    Many thanks in advance for any help