1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

September 2011 on M6- When do I do UPS Application?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sciencequeen00, Apr 13, 2011.

1. sciencequeen00

sciencequeen00 New commenter

I need advice on this, I have heard I need evidence and lesson observation evidence?
    I have had good lessons observed in Pre Management and by Ofstead this year.
    Is there a form online I can view as I have heard its a lengthly process and should begin Sept 2011 on EARLIER? If there is a threshold form how long is it and does anyone have one I can see?

2. sciencequeen00

sciencequeen00 New commenter

I need advice on this, I have heard I need evidence and lesson observation evidence?
    I have had good lessons observed in Pre Management and by Ofstead this year.
    Is there a form online I can view as I have heard its a lengthly process and should begin Sept 2011 on EARLIER? If there is a threshold form how long is it and does anyone have one I can see?

3. I am in the same position but was under the impression that you have to apply for threshold by filling in a form. I would be concerned if it just went off performance management as my head observed me and gave me satisfactory but i had been observed a few weeks before (not for performance management) and given good with lots of outstanding features (3 chn not fully engaged in all parts of the lesson prevented me getting outstanding). I know teachers in school who missed out on a couple of years at threshold because they couldn't face filling the form in. It wasn't just an automatic increase. ANy help or advice welcome. Thanks

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

In the early rounds some years back it was a lengthy form filling in exercise. Things have moved on. It is based on your PM and observations and a letter of application should suffice. The deadline for application for progression to UP from Sept 2012 is August 31st, but obviously wise to get your letter in earlier.