1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Separating the children who always play together

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by w.franklin, May 18, 2012.

1. I have two boys in my year 2 class who play together constantly. They have done since Reception, and although it is great to have best friends, it's a little too much at times, as they gang up a lot, exclude others and generally one is having negative effects on the others behavior.

Recently said boys have been a pain to other children by being to boisterous and jumping on others and this is obviously unacceptable. Problem is, I want to separate them on the playground so that they don't create these problems and I can't be out there making sure they don't play together all the time.

What can I do to solve this problem? I have other children who have a mentality that if they can't play with their best friend they can't play with anyone, even though we have done lots about working with others.

2. I have two boys in my year 2 class who play together constantly. They have done since Reception, and although it is great to have best friends, it's a little too much at times, as they gang up a lot, exclude others and generally one is having negative effects on the others behavior.

Recently said boys have been a pain to other children by being to boisterous and jumping on others and this is obviously unacceptable. Problem is, I want to separate them on the playground so that they don't create these problems and I can't be out there making sure they don't play together all the time.

What can I do to solve this problem? I have other children who have a mentality that if they can't play with their best friend they can't play with anyone, even though we have done lots about working with others.