1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Separate OFSTED for extended nursery hours?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by juliesusan, Jan 23, 2012.

1. We have this facility and yes they have a sepearte ofsted.
    The club runs for breakfast, afternoons, then after school. Then of course in the holidays.
    Hope this helps.

2. yorky

yorky New commenter

thank you so much for replying - i may finally get the answers we are searching for!! do you mind if I ask some questions?
    Is your morning nursery included in your school OFSTED? and do you allow free nursery hours to be taken in an afternoon as well as the morning (ie allowing some children to take their 15 hours over 2 1/2 days?
    thanks

3. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

yorky, I think you may be asking 2 separate questions.
    1. Nursery entitlement, 15 hrs, can be taken as either mornings, afternoons or 2 1/2 days a week. The Gov would like us to be even more flexible and let parents have, for example, 3 mornings, and 2 afternoons neither of which are on the same day. In reality most nursery classes/schools offer all am, all pm Mon, Tues all day and half day Wed am, or half day Wed pm, all day Thursday and Friday. There is no charge for this.
    2. Extra hours above the 15, regardless of when the 15 are taken. In this case you would have an early years Ofsted instead of a school Ofsted, but where possible this would be done at the same time as the school Ofsted.