1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Separate book for independent writing?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hazlahatsa, Jun 14, 2017.

1. hazlahatsa

hazlahatsa New commenter

New
    Morning all,

I am just wondering how many of you have a separate book for final pieces of writing? I don't like the idea of it myself as I love seeing the progression in one book but I don't want to be wrong footed if we are moderated in Year 6 next year!

All input appreciated

hazlahatsa, A moment ago

2. mrcooldude

mrcooldude Occasional commenter

I think books with independent writing in is playing a game that does not need to be played. I completely agree with you that seeing the progression is far more valuable for teacher and children. Moderators will only care about whether each piece is independent, not what book it is in.

hazlahatsa likes this.
  3. sallylou

sallylou New commenter

A school near us was criticised for having a separate book for finished pieces by both moderators and OFSTED. They wanted to see the process the children go through and the drafting and editing. They have since changed.

hazlahatsa likes this.
  4. teacup71

teacup71 Occasional commenter

We have English, Science, RE and Creative. The Creative is Geog,Hist,Art,(work on artists) Music (work on composers) and any other creative pieces or work.

5. zannar

zannar New commenter

I have a final draft book because when they have self-edited their work they find it easier to look at that and write the final draft in a different book. I did try using paper but it ended up being too messy. (YR3/4)