1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sent to nursery

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Rei, May 5, 2012.

1. Rei

Rei

Hi! I have just found out I will be teaching nursery next year ( I am currently a year one teacher and had requested a change to year 3/4). I'm not familiar with working hours or current specifics of the day. Is the profile about to change? I'm going back to talk to the head about this next week. He did mention support from the EYFS leader and also the current teacher who will be around for September before going on maternity. Is there anything I should try and request (!) or clarify when I go back to him? Or things to begin thinking about?
    Any advice or comments gratefully received.

2. Rei

Rei

Hi! I have just found out I will be teaching nursery next year ( I am currently a year one teacher and had requested a change to year 3/4). I'm not familiar with working hours or current specifics of the day. Is the profile about to change? I'm going back to talk to the head about this next week. He did mention support from the EYFS leader and also the current teacher who will be around for September before going on maternity. Is there anything I should try and request (!) or clarify when I go back to him? Or things to begin thinking about?
    Any advice or comments gratefully received.

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

You're going to love it!

4. Yes, the EYFS is about to change, so make sure you ask to go on one of the training courses being run everywhere this term. It's probably a good time to be moving as the rest of the team will be learning new things too. Try to get the EYFS leader to keep you up to date with planned changes before you start though, so you've got the Summer to get your head around it.