1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sensory frogspawn recipe anyone?!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by receptionteacher88, Apr 15, 2012.

1. I've seen somewhere before a recipe on here for tapioca frogspawn but cannot find it anymore. Does anyone have a recipe I can use. I'm wanting the children to come in tomorrow to be greeted by our 'frogspawn' !!
    Thank you

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://homelearningfrombirth.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/waterbead-sensory.html

You will need to soak the tapioca in room temp water overnight, so plan a day ahead. Once you do this, you simmer the tapioca pearls for 15 minutes in lots of water. Uset least 5 times as much water as tapioca. The tapioca package will have basic instructions, but they are usually for pudding. You need more water.
    Once your 15 minutes is up, it will be a slimy, gooey mess. Rinse in warm water, transferring from the strainer to the mixing bowl several times, until the slimy goo is gone and you are left with translucent spheres that are about 1/4 inch in diameter.
    Put them in a container and into the refrigerator to cool down. They will keep for 3 or 4 days.