1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Senior Leader Interview

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by hanaprice, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    I have applied for a Senoir Leader position internally and my interview is on Friday. It consists of a presentation, a half hour written task and the interview.
    They were obviously happy with my application because I was shortlisted for interview. As this is the first senior leader position I've applied for, I wanted to get an idea of the types of questions I might be asked. I think I have a fair idea but wanted to get a gage of what other people have been asked in the past.

2. I guess my spelling needs to improve! Senior Leader!

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Also gauge!
    You need to prepare by examining the job description very carefully in order to identify areas for questioning for yourself. The term 'senior leader' can reflect a wide range of potential responsibilities and apart from ther fact that this means we don't actually know what they might ask you, it's my experience that candidates who narrowly focus their preparation by simply preparing for 'question lists' do not do themselves justice.
    Look at each part of the job description and make notes on the different issues that arise out of it for you; then add your own thoughts, comments, etc.

4. Was this just internal? How did you feel going up against other people you knew?

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It was nearly 4 years ago...