1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sending flowers to Australia

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slippeddisc, Apr 5, 2012.

1. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Hi there.
    Does anyone know any companies that you can send flowers to Australia from (ordering from the UK).
    Interflora's cheapest bouquet or plant for Oz is nearly £50 which is a bit much!
    I have looked online and there are a few but has anyone used any they'd reccomend?
    Thanks.

2. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Hi there.
    Does anyone know any companies that you can send flowers to Australia from (ordering from the UK).
    Interflora's cheapest bouquet or plant for Oz is nearly £50 which is a bit much!
    I have looked online and there are a few but has anyone used any they'd reccomend?
    Thanks.

3. Google florists who operate in the delivery area and see what they can offer. We have used various random ones, so can't make a recommendation.

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

A packet of seeds ought to be cheap enough to post.

5. Have you looked on the Moonpig website?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The Oz customs have hysterics at the thought of even one seed entering their country let alone a whole packet.

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Even Dame Edna's favourites, Gladiolas?

8. Try looking at the interflora Australia site rather than the general site.

9. dumpty

dumpty Lead commenter

Yes, or Google 'local flower delivery' for the town or area in Australia itself. The local shops should be cheaper and as you are cutting out the website fee for connecting you to them (pretty much how Interflora works) then there should be some $$'s to save. To be honest, probably not that many, though.

10. I'd go with thte contact a local florist, I've done this when sending flowers within the UK, Inteflora know you won't see the flowers so send rubinsh (in my experience, my brother and I once both sent flowers to the same person, I used local, he used intaflora and we both arrived at the recipients a couple of days later and you could see the difference even though the recipient had tried to mix the flowers.

Oh and if there is a problem with a credit card - use paypal

11. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter