1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sending a teddy and diary home...letter to parents?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LucyD84, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Just wondering if anyone has an example of a letter/explanation for parents that they send out when sending a class teddy and diary home? I'm trying to explain why our class teddy would like to visit and im having a mind blank and cant seem to explain it properly!!

soxbox1000@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you!

2. Just wondering if anyone has an example of a letter/explanation for parents that they send out when sending a class teddy and diary home? I'm trying to explain why our class teddy would like to visit and im having a mind blank and cant seem to explain it properly!!

soxbox1000@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you!

3. you have mail - hope it helps!

4. Thank you!! [​IMG]

5. you have mail!!

6. Please could I have a copy as well.

Thanks!

mrssarahmorton@hotmail.com

7. I don't have the example because I hand wrote it as that is what I wanted the kids and parents to do in the bears diary, but the reason for my bear was a kindness vote. He was a 'share bear' and every week he went home with a child who was nominated by someone else because they had shared with them or done something else kind. Easy to fix as well so you can make sure everyone gets a turn. I usually do this excuse, but once our topic was homes and the reason for the bear going home was to see what type of home everyone lived in. Maybe your bear could take a toothbrush or something with him and the reason for his visits could be checking the children brush their teeth or he could be scared to stay in the classroom by himself so he needs to be looked after at weekends? Just out of interest and sorry for hijacking the thread, but what do you all send home with your bear? I tend to send toothbrush, bedtime story book and his diary to write in, but would love some new ideas!

8. susbo

susbo New commenter

Hi
    Have tried sending you my Teddy goes Home letter but your e-mail address doesn't seem to work.
    SB

9. Please may I have a copy of the letter too.
    Thanks
    starjin5@gmail.com

10. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

H, would you put a copy of the letter in resources? and post the link to it?
    I would love to see. Thank you.

11. mrsrecred

mrsrecred New commenter

Please may I have a copy of the letter too.... Thanks in advance!

miss.saira.ali@googlemail.com

12. Hi I would love if you could send on to me also if it's not too much trouble.
    I am starting diary this week
    Thanks,
    clonboochicken@yahoo.co.uk

13. We are just about to send a teddy home in our nursery. I used to send a cat called Boots home years ago when I taught Y1 but he got lost somewhere in the mists of time. It was only when I was watching Peppa Pig ([​IMG]) with my daughter recently that I remembered all about it. They had "Teddy Playgroup".
    My son had Mr Peachy the gorilla from his Y1 class over Christmas last year. What do you buy a gorilla that has everything? Especially as we had to write Santa another letter to let him know where to send Mr Peachy's presents. Anyway, that's another story.
    Each Friday in our nursery, we do "Star of the Week" where each key worker chooses one child for doing something brilliant. We are now going to send home "Red Ted", "Blue Ted" and "Green Ted" home with each star of the week. I'm not going to send a letter home. This weekend, each teddy is going home with his key worker. We are going to model how we would like the parents to fill in teddy's diary. Hopefully this will work on building relationships as the children will be able to look at the book and know what colour sofa we have, etc, etc.
    Hope it goes down well. Got some great teddy bears in Asda - 75p each!!!!

14. could i have a copy too please! helenlesleyjones@gmail.com

Thank you! :)

15. I sent a diary home with my clas. I sent it with a letter and then I also took the bear home so that the parents had something to model this on. Seems to work as I have so far (fingers crossed) had no problems