1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sending a present to Kenya (PO Box) - advice please

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by pati, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    We have just come back from an excellent trip to Kenya and would like to send a small gift to a friend we made out there - he gave us his PO Box address. Can anyone advise on sending a parcel to a PO Box, I know some couriers wont deliver to them. Any advice from people who've lived/sent things to Kenya would be really appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Pats

2. Hi there,
    We have just come back from an excellent trip to Kenya and would like to send a small gift to a friend we made out there - he gave us his PO Box address. Can anyone advise on sending a parcel to a PO Box, I know some couriers wont deliver to them. Any advice from people who've lived/sent things to Kenya would be really appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Pats

3. bogstandardcomp

bogstandardcomp New commenter

If its going by courier then a note goes to the po box and the person collects it from the courier depot with ID. Same with post office parcel post.

4. Hi Bogstandardcomp,
    Thanks for your reply. Do you know which companies offer this? I went to the post office and their parcel service which requires signatures at various stages of the transport will not accept PO Box addresses. It's only a football shirt and so would package up quite slim - they recommended signed for letter type delivery if it's under the required weight.
    Also, if I can pick your brains a bit more, do you know if the recipient does collect it from a courier depot, do they have to pay a prohibitively expensive tax?

Thanks
    Pats