1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sending a bear home in Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by tricky7, Jan 27, 2008.

1. I am going to start sending home a bear in a bag with a book, as discussed in another post on here. I want children to do some writing at home.

Can anyone suggest what to write in the guidance for parents ( Or have a copy of what they have sent )

I am going to put something along the lines of:
    - Encouraging children to write and let them have a go on their own. Possibly assist with any harder words

Do you encourage writing as I went to____house or starting with the bears name, e.g Barney went to

Any advice appreciated

jontyuk121@aol.com

2. I am going to start sending home a bear in a bag with a book, as discussed in another post on here. I want children to do some writing at home.

Can anyone suggest what to write in the guidance for parents ( Or have a copy of what they have sent )

I am going to put something along the lines of:
    - Encouraging children to write and let them have a go on their own. Possibly assist with any harder words

Do you encourage writing as I went to____house or starting with the bears name, e.g Barney went to

Any advice appreciated

jontyuk121@aol.com

3. I have done this for 2 years now with my Y1 children and it has been very successful. I suggested that children wrote a short sentence or drew a picture. I always made sure the children named their entry in the book.
    My children have really enjoyed doing this.

Good luck
    Mimi

4. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Im just about to do this tomorrow!
    Bought the bear and backpack last week but not got round to sending him home just yet.
    I was wondering what to write in the front of the book for an explanation too.

5. i do this, the children love it! i'll email you over a copy of my letter.

6. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

7. mancminx - whats your mail? i'll send you a copy of the letter that goes with my teddy if you like?

8. u both have mail

9. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

Thank you
    Thats a great help.
    sam

10. sorry to ask aswell, but i would love to see a copy too! would you mind emailing it to me?

thanks

emma.price4@ntlworld.com

11. hey guys! sorry - i left my memory stick at school - i'll mail it to you all 2morrow

12. could i please have a copy of your letter too please. have been wanting to do this too. thank you

cat_k79@hotmail.com

13. Hi snoozy81

Please can you resend me the email as it does not seem to arrived yet.

Much appreciated

jontyuk121@aol.com

14. hi, thankyou so much for the copy of your letter. I have got Ellie the elephant all ready with a bag packed ready to go home with the children tomorrow!

thanks again

15. I send a letter home each time with my Y1's saying what is expected of them but it is actually the teddy writing it. He even signs the end of the letter....