1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEND Dissertation

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by livphelps, Dec 30, 2017.

1. livphelps

livphelps New commenter

Hi all,
    I am currently thinking of a possible research question for my dissertation. My project is showing the impact of something. Meaning I put an activity or intervention in place in a specific way to see if it improves what I'm researching. If anybody has any help with this I would very much appreciate it!
    Thank you again,
    Olivia

2. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

Hi Olivia
    You have not given us a lot of information to go on. A clue as to where you will test this intervention would help a lot, e.g. in mainstream school, in a special school, in a club or after school activity, and how old will the people you try it out on be?

Very happy to help, but need a few more clues to be able to give ideas otherwise you will get a random list. - feel free to contact me on sensorystory@gmail.com

Best wishes
    Joanna Grace
    www.TheSensoryProjects.co.uk

minnie me likes this.
  3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yes you need to be very specific about your success criteria as this will determine the focus of your study

4. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

This sounds like an attempt of action research. It is normally a cyclical method, where you would carry out the process at least twice, making an adjustment of necessary after the first cycle.

You would be a clear area for targeting, a specific intervention designed to target it, and a specific way in which to measure the impact (if any).