1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCOs - how are you finding the EHCP process?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Lauren_2017, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Lauren_2017

Lauren_2017 New commenter

What's working well? What aspects are more challenging? Ideas for improvements? I want to hear from you!

Hi all,

I'm a Masters student at *** and I'm really interested in the getting the SENCO perspective heard.

I'm conducting a research project that looks at how SENCOs are finding the EHCP process, with a focus on autistic children.

I'm gathering SENCOs' views from all around the country to gain a better understanding about how the EHCP process is working. I think the SENCO perspective is often overlooked and I hope that findings will help improve support for both SENCOs and families.

If you're interested in sharing your views I would love to hear from you! Participation is quick, easy and completely voluntary, involving one brief phone conversation about your experiences. All response are anonymised and confidential.

If you'd like to take part or find out more then please send me a private message directly as I would love to hear from you!