1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Senco training for Pre-school

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by matrixsarah, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I have posted this in Early Years but thought someone on here might know..
    Hello
    We have recently had an Ofsted inspection and the person who was the SENCO has left. We have been informed that we need to get a member of staff trained as SENCO asap. Does anyone know how we can do this as the only courses I can find are post graduate not suitable for Level 3 qualified staff.
    We are based in Herefordshire on Worcestershire/Gloucestershire borders.
    Any help you can give would be great.
    Many thanks
    Sarah x

2. I have posted this in Early Years but thought someone on here might know..
    Hello
    We have recently had an Ofsted inspection and the person who was the SENCO has left. We have been informed that we need to get a member of staff trained as SENCO asap. Does anyone know how we can do this as the only courses I can find are post graduate not suitable for Level 3 qualified staff.
    We are based in Herefordshire on Worcestershire/Gloucestershire borders.
    Any help you can give would be great.
    Many thanks
    Sarah x

3. Hi Sarah,
    Have you contacted your Early Years Dept at your local Council? They should be able to put you in touch with their Inclusion/SEN Team where there should be some Area SENCo's or INCO's who may be able to help.
    Otherwise, what about your local branch of the Pre-school Learning Alliance? They have SENCo training courses aimed at Level 3 Practitioners, so may be able to signpost you to the nearest one.

Hope that helps!