1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Senco Qualification

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Mat77, May 7, 2011.

1. Mat77

Mat77 New commenter

Hi,
    I teach in primary and this year I took on the role of SENCo. I have been trying to find out if the SENCo qualification is still compulsory and if funding for it is going to continue after 2011.
    I am switching year groups in September and really don't want to have to undergo masters level course work whilst trying to find my feet in Y5. I have heard the course is hard going and that, as a full time teacher & SENCo, fitting it in around a family is massively stressful. I'm not sure I want to undertake this course but would be reluctant to give up the SENCo role as I am really enjoying the challenge of this.
    Even more frustrating - I already have a masters and the idea of going back to all those books and assignment writing is really not appealing :-(
    If you have any info/advice, would be much appreciated. THanks

2. Does anyone know anyone who has completed course and if the senco handbook is any good for an Infant senco?
    Thanks