1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Senco qualification - no longer compulsory?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Devonsent, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I deferred my course because of the unrealistic expectations it has against my current roles within school (and new baby). From a personal point of view, I would be chuffed to bits if it has been scrapped and we go back to good old LEA input. However I also hope the people who have gone through this process have got something worthwhile from it.
    Will keep my ear to the ground and post on here if I find out.

2. jen77

jen77 New commenter

Many thanks - am doing it at the moment and am really struggling to keep up with it, there just isn't enough time!![​IMG]

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Don't know but would like to ! I don't think that anyone was ever 'made ' to do it inspite of the mandatory tag but some colleagues have liked the idea that they can earn credits towards an MA and I have heard that in Primaries some Heads heve been asking prospective SENCOs if they have it . Am intererested in the new scholarship programme will fund teachers to study higher-level qualifications in SEN- not to pursue though !