1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCO Pay scale

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by jules_verne, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Can anyone tell me what TLR points SENCOs are generally on? Thank you- your help is appreciated:)

2. It all depends on the school - some have the SENCO as an assistant head on the leadership spine, others will have them on a SEN point, others it could be anywhere in the TLR scales depending on how big the school is, whether they line manage a department of TAs and so on. Check out DCSF guidance but it is generally up to the indivdiual schools.

3. <font face="Times New Roman" size="3">Thank you.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">It's a medium sized secondary school managing 12 TAs but not on SMT. Will check out the guidance. </font>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">JV</font>

4. Varies from school to school. My understanding is that you are on the pay scale "earned" ie through climbing up payscale and threshold award/s but any TLR additional awards vary from post to post.

BB

5. Forgive my ignorance, so if you are on TLR, does this cancel out an SEN point, ie, you don't get both? [​IMG]

6. check out teachers pay and conditions. SEN points I think are only mandatory if you are working wholly with sen pupils. I was always put on mgt points for senco in mainstream school rather than sen point. Even the bottom tlr is more money than 1 sen point, and if it is 2.2 then it is more than the 2 sen points...Again though it does vary and every school does its own thing.

7. Also, some schools offer TLR and SEN points depending on responsibilities and experience.