1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCo national award providers

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by madhatter, May 4, 2011.

1. I am looking to complete this course but there are so many providers out there. From reading threads on here it seems the provider can make or break the course so I am considering my options very carefully. I am in the Midlands and so far have found courses by: University of Birmingham , Worcester Uni and The Best Practice Network. Anyone have any other suggestions? Or would anyone recommend one of these providers? I am a brand new SENCo, only took on the role in April, so I am hoping it will be worthwhile my doing the course at such an early stage.

Any advice welcome!

2. I am looking to complete this course but there are so many providers out there. From reading threads on here it seems the provider can make or break the course so I am considering my options very carefully. I am in the Midlands and so far have found courses by: University of Birmingham , Worcester Uni and The Best Practice Network. Anyone have any other suggestions? Or would anyone recommend one of these providers? I am a brand new SENCo, only took on the role in April, so I am hoping it will be worthwhile my doing the course at such an early stage.

Any advice welcome!

3. I'm in Nottingham but our course is run through Northampton - it's alright so far, the staff involved are all very supportive and the course requirements are reasonable. It might be worth contacting your LA SEN team to see which course they are affiliated with.