1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCO interview questions - help please! @julesdaulby

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Cathkidston, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Cathkidston

Cathkidston New commenter

Hi there. I'm a secondary English teacher being interviewed for a SENCO role this week. What questions do you think I should get prepared? I'm just coming back to teaching after maternity leave and feeling a bit rusty! Are there any key topics or very recent issues that you would recommend reading up on on? Thanks

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Don't think she has posted since 2017 but could be wrong ? Anyhow ..... if I were to interview I would be asking things along the lines of .....how your success in the classroom demonstrates how you have had a positive impact on students with challenging / complex needs ( role model ) , your vision for inclusion / success criteria attached to this / your model for inclusive T and L strategies as part of QFT, your rationale for placement on the SEND record ie genuine SEND and not just recipients of poor teaching , qualities needed to manage quality provision ( leadership / management ), how to effect change ( experience from a former life ), blueprint for deployment of additional adults, how you would 'empower' staff ( increased confidence / sensitives ) to address the needs of less experienced learners , communicating provision to all stakeholders.......look at the SENCO standards and the revised CoP. Good Luck.