1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCo interview - please help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by acawleyuk, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I have been offered an interview for a SENCo post on Friday (27th April) and the information about the interview is fairly sketchy! There are four parts...
    1. Data task
    2. In tray activity
    3. Parent activity
    4. Formal interview.
    It's the first two that I am unsure of! I would be really grateful if anyone could shed some light on what these will involve. My experience of SEN is varied - I am a qualified teacher and have worked in a residential setting with children with profound and multiple difficulties, I have taught in a special school for children with ASD and moderate learning difficulties, and I have also worked for the council in a Special Needs team, presenting cases to panel and writing statements based on various reports. However, all this experience was before I took a break to have my children. I currently work in a mainstream school teaching PPA but really want to get back into the area I love. It's been a while since I had an interview and feel a little out of the loop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!