1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCo Award - help with action reseach project

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by nlsm1th86, Nov 13, 2015.

1. nlsm1th86

nlsm1th86 New commenter

Hi

I am currently working on the SENCo Award (online distant learning with Wolverhampton Uni) and I am about to start my action research project. Has anyone completed this course and can they recommend any areas for my research project. I am interested in either autism or speech and language but just struggling with how I can turn this into an action research project.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Nicki

daborn6of10 likes this.
  2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

You need to pose a question so what is it about autism or S&L you want to discover. I did mine on ICT along the lines of can it's use have a positive impact on the learning of children with special needs. I bought a book someone recommended but can't remember the name at the moment.

missRV likes this.
  3. daborn6of10

daborn6of10 New commenter

How did you get on with your action research? I am currently in the same position but finding it very difficult to think of an area to cover as there are so many |I would like to change/or feel could be improved.
    Catherine

4. KEITHTHEDOG

KEITHTHEDOG New commenter

Hello there
    I am currently having the same problem and just wondered how you guys got on with this? I am interested in looking at the children in KS1 who have not met the expected standards in reading. I am proposing to baseline them according to the number of HFWs they already know and then use a daily intervention (flashcards with accompanying actions) for 6/8 weeks to increase the levels of HFW acquisition. I am going round in circles though in how to turn this into a Research title.
    Please could you help? :D