1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SENCO application personal statement

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by helen_tillinghast, Jun 19, 2017.

1. helen_tillinghast

helen_tillinghast New commenter

Hi all!

I have to complete the above ASAP. Having just been appointed to my new post I wasn't expecting to have to get my head round an application so soon. It sounds daft to say but even with 5 bullet points points I'm struggling to put into words an answer....
    • why you want to study Special Educational Needs Co-ordination at graduate level
    • why you want to study Special Educational Needs Co-ordination at UCL
    • what particularly attracts you to the chosen programme
    • how your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
    • where you would like to go professionally with your degree
    Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to tackle the latter two points. I can fumble why the first 3 but it's not coming out very fluently at the moment

Many thanks

Helen

2. Deliwe

Deliwe New commenter

Hi Helen,

How did you get on with your application? I'm just wondering if you found an answer to your question. I am currently in the same boat. My brain is frazzled from a busy week!

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Remember, the NASENCO course is a masters level course so you need to show that you are up to the demands of the level of the role, degree, PGCE, any additional training, studying and working-balance , how are you going to fit things in! then, what's next? It might be you are already working as a SENCO and want the academic background to back up your practical understanding, or you want to move into special school teaching or are looking for your first post.

just what you want to do, why you want to do it, how do you know you will be able to and what will you do with it when you have finished!