1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN/vulnerable pupils case studies

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by devilinthedetails, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm the SENCo of a primary school and the Ofsted phone call is expected anytime now. I've been asked to put together case studies of children on the SEN register who also identify as being 'vulnerable'. I really don't know where to start with this. Aside from presenting data and tracking to Ofsted, does anyone have any idea what these case studies should consist of?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm the SENCo of a primary school and the Ofsted phone call is expected anytime now. I've been asked to put together case studies of children on the SEN register who also identify as being 'vulnerable'. I really don't know where to start with this. Aside from presenting data and tracking to Ofsted, does anyone have any idea what these case studies should consist of?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3. Case studies for vulnerables is something inspectors asked for in the last framework. However, under this framework, some lead inspectors are asking for case studies, but they tend to choose the pupils under this framework, as they choose the pupils to speak to.
    For now, if your headteacher insists and to keep him/her quiet, put together 3 or 4 case studies, each no longer than a page of A4 detailing how the pupils have overcome barriers to learning, the interventions, any impact of them and outside agencies involved.