1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN teacher job in Waterloo - should I apply?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kitty_p_x, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Just saw Part time SEN teacher job advertised on Oasis Johanna website...I have previously been a SENCO but the role is to be managed by existing SENCO. Would be a step down career-wise but Waterloo is very convenient and maybe there will be future SENCO prospects...should I go for it?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

No-one but you can answer that. We don't know a fraction of the information we'd need to know to offer a sensible opinion.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

If you are keen to get into SEN work again, and if you can manage financially on part time, and if you can comply with their requirements, then it might be appropriate for you to apply.

But to apply for a post on the grounds of geographical convenience alone is not a good idea - there have to be other things that make it suitable for you, and you suitable for it, rather than just South West Trains!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

If you want to move to another SENCO post, I'd advise against it.

As Theo says, geographical convenience should not be the main reason for applying - unless there are family/other circumstances which makes it paramount.