1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Teacher Interview Advice

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Hopeful25, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Hopeful25

Hopeful25 New commenter

Hi all,

I have been offered an interview at a SEN school. I've got my lesson mostly planned and nearly prepared (just a couple of resources and a PP to whip up), for children between P4 and P8. I was hoping for some general advice please on what I might expect on the day and interview questions I might be asked.

Thanks in advance,
    Hopeful

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

They might ask you what inclusion means.
    How will you make sure that all your pupils make progress?
    How will you support pupils to become more independent?

3. cingirl

cingirl New commenter

They will most probably ask you about your prior experience and how you will manage in a special setting, more importantly why you want to work at their school so look at their website and previous OFSTED feedback, how you will handle challenging behaviour from students and why you think students evince challenging behaviour, how you will assess and monitor progress, how you will feed back achievement and next steps, how will you maintain positive relationships with staff in your class and around school and with parents, what your knowledge of safeguarding procedure is, they may ask about the lesson you have chosen to teach and why you chose to do that and what you would change if you did it again, they will probably ask about your knowledge of assessment procedures within special school settings etc. There will obviously also be questions relating specifically to their setting. Good luck.

dzil likes this.