1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Spellings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moonshine79, Sep 13, 2015.

1. moonshine79

moonshine79 New commenter

Hello. I teach Lower KS2 and this year I have a child who is currently working on Phase 2 spellings. The rest of the class work through a scheme which has phase 5 onwards but I am looking for a resource which provides word lists and related activities for her. Does anyone know of anything would be very grateful

2. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

3. Hi sorry Wotten I disagree a KS2 child should not attend KS1 lessons. Have a look for a suitable phonics intervention for them, www.interventionsforliteracy.org.uk/.../primary can help you find one. I have found word shark very good.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Bear Necessities (industrial strength phonics) is an effective one to one resource. If you do a forum search you will find some threads relating to its impact .

Can I ask why the rest of a LKS2 class are just starting phase 5? Does the school use L&S?