1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Shake Up - implications for teaching

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by lisac8696, Mar 15, 2011.

1. I am putting together a presentation for teacher training interview on current issue - the SEN shake up.
    I am interested in the view of teachers on how this will affect primary teaching.
    Is the general feeling that the new care plans will reduce those labelled SEN, therefore reduce funding in schools and put more pressure on the teacher?
    Or will you welcome the opportunity for SEN training?
    Will new plans work?? Why?? Views greatly appreciated!

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Haven't decided about the rest yet but it shouldn't affect funding as funding is no longer attached to SA or SA+ or even statemented children like the old days. The schools get a standard amount of money which they can spend on SEN (or not) as they wish.

3. Depends where you work, of course. In our LA, funding is attached directly to SA+ and Statements.

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Green Paper
    1 IEP s will be redundant- school to come up with their own easy of recording / showing ' progress'
    2 4 areas by which schools will show additional / different provision - curriculum / teaching / pastoarl support and assessment
    3 Teachers and not TA s delivering to the most needy . Implications for scholarship support funds for those interested in devloping expertise in SEND for TA s and individual menbers of staff
    4 Code of Practice being redrafted - guidance on how to categorise students under a single school based SEN replacing SA and SA+
    I am secondary and I think that the Green Paper is a move in the right direction .