1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

SEN qualification?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by ShriekofAraby, May 10, 2011.

  1. I'm from the US of A, (Oregon) certified to teach K-9, and I have an endorsement to teach students with handicapping conditions in grades K-12. Overseas, Special Education is generally called, as you noted, SEN. Other names include Special Needs, SpEd or even ESL. Most jobs advertised as ESL want an ESL endorsement, although some schools will hire a teacher who has Special Ed (or English) experience only.
    You should probably just list your qualifications, degrees, experience, endorsements, etc. Then when you see a job that you want, structure your cover letter using the school's terminology and requirements. There aren't any internationally recognized standards as far as I know.

Share This Page