1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN pay

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by amy100, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Recently found out that that we no longer get paid by SEN points but a sliding scale determined by your skills etc. Just out of curiosity where on the scale would you expect to be paid working in an SLD school?
    Sorry I don't know what the pay band is.

2. Recently found out that that we no longer get paid by SEN points but a sliding scale determined by your skills etc. Just out of curiosity where on the scale would you expect to be paid working in an SLD school?
    Sorry I don't know what the pay band is.

3. Hi Amy sorry can't give you an answer, but i asked a similar question on the board and got no response.
    I don't however think it depends on the school you work in, SLD would give you the lowest value automatically , but i think to get more it would still be based on the criteria of qualification and experience but defined by the school.

4. Not sure I can answer either, but I wondered whose decision it was not to pay you SEN points. Was it a LA or school decision? I work in a special school and am on SEN 2.

5. I thought it was new to all schools. It was seen in one of the union mags