1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Parent Questionnaires!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by naneek, Jan 23, 2008.

1. When completing my SEN Self-Evaluation last year, I wisely!!!!! thought the way forward would be to compile a parent questionnaire. Has anyone out there already compiled one that I could look at? Or any on-line that I could reference? It would save me hours of work. Inspection looming in the summer so am already flat out! Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. When completing my SEN Self-Evaluation last year, I wisely!!!!! thought the way forward would be to compile a parent questionnaire. Has anyone out there already compiled one that I could look at? Or any on-line that I could reference? It would save me hours of work. Inspection looming in the summer so am already flat out! Any help would be greatly appreciated

3. R13

R13 New commenter

Go to the OFSTED website and you can download the one they will use during the Inspection - you might well want to add things BUT it would be sensible to have that evidence in already

4. im finding it difficult to find this on the ofsted site-any further clearer idea on to how to find it please..?

5. mohawkvic

mohawkvic New commenter

That link is really helpful - am doing the SENCo MA and that has just reduced my morning brainpower need (especially the parent questionnaire!)
    Thank you!
    Vicky (Secondary SENCo, Sheffield)

6. hi, I'm also looking for a parent questionnaire, but the link above is broken, anyone got other examples?

7. I am arranging for SEN questions to be added to the general questionnaire that the School puts out to reduce further workload. Could you do that?

8. Riv

Riv New commenter

The OFSTED parent questionnaire is now an on line version available via "Parents view"

parentview.ofsted.gov.uk

Not sure where the paper based questionnaire has gone. You usually find the 12 questions and the aggregated parent responses at the end of an OFSTED report though.

9. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Inspection looming or not consider piloting a Parental Focus Group . We did this with parents of Additional Needs Students and as a model it worked really well. Feel fee to PM me for the detail if you think it would be useful.