1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Music (Sounds of Intent)

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonowen, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi, do you have plans to run this in Scotland at all? I'd be very interested if you are, thanks.
    Joni [​IMG]

2. I think there are plans to introduce it up there. It is basically appropriate wherever you are and can be used alongside other assessment tools, it is now recognised by Ofsted as an example of very good practice in England. However, unlike the current p-scale in England this is based solely on extensive research of pupils with SEN and their musical development. We have been using it sucessfully in our school and it has proved to be invaluable.
    Let me know if you have any questions but I would really recomend the Newcastle event.

3. This looks fabulous. Could you please elaborate a bit on how its use might integrate with other assessment structures and NC levelling etc, in purely practical terms? Thanks for flagging this