1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN issues in Primary Education

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by nina_t101, Dec 7, 2011.

1. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Hi,
    Can anyone shed any light on what issues the primary classroom is facing in regard to SEN? It's the only primary issue I feel a bit rusty on as I dont have much experience with SEN and I know im going to get asked a question about it at my interview next week. I did read an article that discussed the fact that funding cuts means less SEN trained staff, and that current staff will have to take on multiple roles to make it more cost effective. Which will obviously have a detrimental effect on the children that need a lot of on going support.
    I als read something about making one SEN register? Can anyone fill me in a bit more on that also?
    Any advice would be really helpful [​IMG]

2. nina_t101

nina_t101 New commenter

Hi,
    Can anyone shed any light on what issues the primary classroom is facing in regard to SEN? It's the only primary issue I feel a bit rusty on as I dont have much experience with SEN and I know im going to get asked a question about it at my interview next week. I did read an article that discussed the fact that funding cuts means less SEN trained staff, and that current staff will have to take on multiple roles to make it more cost effective. Which will obviously have a detrimental effect on the children that need a lot of on going support.
    I als read something about making one SEN register? Can anyone fill me in a bit more on that also?
    Any advice would be really helpful [​IMG]

3. Hi,
    Would recommend the SEN green paper, you can find it on the DfE website. It's long so maybe google a summary?