1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Interview lesson HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by mazzamoomin, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Hi all!
    I'm looking for some help, advice a point in the right direction. I have an interview at an SEN school tomorrow and have been asked to prepare a 20min lesson for KS4 maths. The school mostly caters for ASD students. I have been given no additional information about the size of the class, a topic to teach or the level/ability of the student.
    I only found out about the interview yesterday so have very little time to get something sorted. I have contacted the school but as of yet no one has called me back with the information asked for.
    Also have spoken to the Maths department in my school, who have given me some suggestions on activities, but could offer no insight into level i shoul be pitching it at. Could anyone out there advise me of the "average" level i can expect to encounter?
    I think I have a general idea where I am going with the lesson, just need some guidance to fine tune!!!

2. Hi all!
    I'm looking for some help, advice a point in the right direction. I have an interview at an SEN school tomorrow and have been asked to prepare a 20min lesson for KS4 maths. The school mostly caters for ASD students. I have been given no additional information about the size of the class, a topic to teach or the level/ability of the student.
    I only found out about the interview yesterday so have very little time to get something sorted. I have contacted the school but as of yet no one has called me back with the information asked for.
    Also have spoken to the Maths department in my school, who have given me some suggestions on activities, but could offer no insight into level i shoul be pitching it at. Could anyone out there advise me of the "average" level i can expect to encounter?
    I think I have a general idea where I am going with the lesson, just need some guidance to fine tune!!!