1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN Focus group teacher

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by nqtworcester, Jul 4, 2012.

1. As of September I will be covereing PPA and taking out focus groups from ks1 to push on the lower abilities/SEN.
    I was wondering how people organise/plan/assess their groups - ie what format do they use for weekly/medium term/intervention plans?
    I am aware of the provision maps and have spoken in detail with the SENCo about getting mine ready after a chat with the class teacher when targets/ojectives will be decided. So far I have only seen relatively simple and basic lesson/group plans.

Does anyone have any advice/must haves to help me get started and feel organised come September?

2. As of September I will be covereing PPA and taking out focus groups from ks1 to push on the lower abilities/SEN.
    I was wondering how people organise/plan/assess their groups - ie what format do they use for weekly/medium term/intervention plans?
    I am aware of the provision maps and have spoken in detail with the SENCo about getting mine ready after a chat with the class teacher when targets/ojectives will be decided. So far I have only seen relatively simple and basic lesson/group plans.

Does anyone have any advice/must haves to help me get started and feel organised come September?