1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEN children - curriculum materials??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ashlihardy09, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hi, hope someone can shed abit of light. I am doing an essay on evaluating curriculm materials in realtion to enjoy and achieve outcomes, focusing on SEN children. The only classroom materials i can think of that we use are IEPS, lesson plans. Thats it!! My brain has froze and i need to finish this tonight! Can anyone refresh my memory? What other classroom materials do you use in class?
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font>

2. Hi, hope someone can shed abit of light. I am doing an essay on evaluating curriculm materials in realtion to enjoy and achieve outcomes, focusing on SEN children. The only classroom materials i can think of that we use are IEPS, lesson plans. Thats it!! My brain has froze and i need to finish this tonight! Can anyone refresh my memory? What other classroom materials do you use in class?
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3"> </font>

3. Suggestion may be too late if you needed to complete your task by last night...however, have you considered reading books thathave an interest level of (for e.g.) 8 -- 10 years but a reading ability level of 6 - 8 year. The benefits of this are that the content of the books are relevant to the age of the child but the reading level relates to the (low) ability of the child.

4. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Good idea. And I and others who work hard to put up on this site so many resources aimed at particular areas of SEN would like to think people did occasionally search for them specifically in the SEN categories...
    Mine try to address the verbal comprehension and expression sides of language but many of them target specific topics on the curriculum as well because that's where the kids need extra input. If you don't do language well, you have an underlying problem in the classroom doing anything academic! And look at Bev's stuff - heaps there to help.