1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selling training materials I make

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by katylou1, Jun 15, 2020.

1. katylou1

katylou1 New commenter

Hi all,

I am a Primary Subject Leader and as such make training materials which I deliver at Subject Leader meetings. These training materials vary year to year depending on who comes to my session and their needs.

Can I upload my old training materials? Or is that the property of the school I deliver the training for? I ask because the Primary schools who attend my sessions pay for the CPD.

Many thanks
    Katy

2. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

It depends who owns the copyright to the materials. If this is part of your duties under your employment of the school then the school usually would own the copyright. If this is a completly separate business that is not part of your role at the school then you own them. If you are not sure ask your school who owns the copyright. Even if they own the copyright then they can still give you permission to sell them. You just need to make sure you get it in writing to cover yourself. They may just ask you remove any logos or methods of identifying the school first.