1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selling Resources

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by genna8, Oct 27, 2017.

1. genna8

genna8 New commenter

Hi - I feel its time to try my hand at uploading some of my resources but can't seem to find out how its done. Would also like to know what criteria TES may use before they accept a resource e.g. whether images used should be public domain as opposed to commercial images.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Dave Robinson

2. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

Hiya Dave, if you click on 'Resources' at the top of your page and then click on the picture of Emily, who is the most popular author on TES, on the right hand side it will tell you all about how to upload resources etc. Personally, before I started selling on TES and other websites I spent quite a bit of time watching YouTube clips and reading advice about the best ways to make your resources special so others would want to buy them and what you can or can't upload. You must be very careful about copyright and there have been links on other threads about what you can or can't use. I only use clip art and fonts that I have paid for a licence or are 100% free to use but I always acknowledge them at the end of the product.
    Use authors@tes.com if you have questions.
    Good luck.

3. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hi Dave, it's great to hear that you're looking to upload your resources! Please give this page a visit, which should give you the information you need, or as Littlesherbetlemon mentioned, drop the Author Team a line on authors@tes.com and someone will be in touch to give you a hand.

Many thanks,
    Jemma

4. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

Hi today I also posted my first selling resource..it hasn't asked me to enter my credit card details or anything though but its still gone through the resource search when I search for it so it is available to the public.

5. Teacher-in-Training42

so how do I get the money?

6. tosh740

tosh740 New commenter

Hi Dave, your purchasing and selling accounts are kept separate. You don't need a credit card for your selling account as you don't need to 'fund' it but you will be able to withdraw cash by nominating a bank account when you want to withdraw. (via the BACCs system) You can withdraw cash once you reach £10 and are allowed to withdraw once a week. Hope that helps?

Steve

Teacher-in-Training42 likes this.
  7. Teacher-in-Training42

Thanks that helps Steve :)

8. salsify

salsify New commenter

Hello, I am a relative newbie at selling resources. So I wonder if anybody can help me with this please.
    If I sell a resource at £3, I get my royalties depending on the level I am at... however, if someone purchased that same resource adding a school licence e.g. £7.50 when they buy, would I then still get royalties just on my £3 or would that then go up to £10.50?
    Do I need to do something to enable this to happen? I wonder if I should be ticking a box somewhere that I cannot find... in which case I could be giving money away to TES. :confused:
    Thank you.

9. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

You would get royalties on the school license price. There are no boxes to tick - it happens automatically ...

salsify likes this.
  10. salsify

salsify New commenter

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. Good news then. :)