1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selling PowerPoints

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Littlesherbetlemon, Apr 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

I'm hoping that one of the experts who sell PowerPoints could answer this for me please...

When you make a PP to sell how can you secure photos or clip art that you have used in them? Do you secure them or do you just use clip art that you haven't paid for but are available for free commercial use? I would like to make some and have some lovely clip art to use but the terms and conditions when I bought them state that it needs to be secure so nobody can just simply 'lift' it off the slide. I know how to make a PDF and secure that. I did start thinking that maybe your PP slides just contain PDF on them. Sorry for the probably silly question but after all the issues with copyright that are going on around here I don't want people simply stealing stuff that I have paid for.

2. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

I create mine in inDesign and then export them as jpg images.

I then create slides using those jpg images (meaning they can't be edited). I then add any editable stuff on top.

I guess you could achieve the same by making your PPT, then exporting the slides as jpg images and then use those to create a final secure PPT with the images secured but text still editable.

mathsmutt and Littlesherbetlemon like this.
  3. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

What @thinky said except I would export them as png files for better qualiy :)

4. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

Thank you for your explanations. I'll have a play around and see what I can produce now I understand how it can be done.

thinky likes this.
  5. ChrisWat

ChrisWat New commenter

Good information in here - I'll certainly be taking this onbaord

cate_h and thinky like this.
  6. LessonChest

LessonChest New commenter

All my images are free for commercial use. I go to Google -> Images -> Tools -> Usage Rights - Labelled for reuse with modification. This will mostly return results you can use freely. However, before using an image, go to the image site and check! On occasion, you will need to credit the author of the image.

Or, you can use https://pixabay.com/ - Completely free to use!

It's a nice alternative for those artistically illiterate types like myself :)

7. peterfogarty

peterfogarty New commenter

I just use pixabay. This site is so full of cool stuff and you don't need to worry about anything.

EC_Resources and Krazikas like this.
  8. ninabaines5

ninabaines5 New commenter

9. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

I tend to create my own templates.... I don't pay for any. There are many sites that offer free template designs.

10. MFLYNN-Teacher

MFLYNN-Teacher New commenter

all good advice

11. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

Thanks for that info about finding copyright free, will make it a lot simpler to ensure I'm not going to upset anyone by using their pictures.

But it does also raise the question of how TES can possibly police copyright, when a lot of teachers probably use images all the time without considering copyright and then upload the work years later without realising...

newromantic likes this.