1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

selling my first worksheet on TES

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Teacher-in-Training42, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teacher-in-Training42

Teacher-in-Training42 New commenter

Hi so I'm selling a worksheet on here for the first time but it has not asked me for my bank details or anything.. however the item does come up when searched in the resources bar.

2. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

Just wondering if you know that the minimum price for any resource is £2.00. Unsure what you mean by worksheet.

3. Teacher-in-Training42

hi I think tes automatically applied the discount on mine due to the sale. by worksheet I mean the resource I am selling is a worksheet

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Hopefully not for £2!

Alice K likes this.
  5. Teacher-in-Training42

its cheaper than 2
    it hasn't asked for my card details...how will I get paid...

6. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

Not too sure what you mean, If you sell £10 or over, you can then withdraw your money to your bank account. When you open your shop, you have to give those financial details. I know that the TES sale is on at the moment so your resource will be discounted automatically. Are you charging £2 for one worksheet?

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

The copyright of your resource seems to belong to MathsWorks and is freely available here:
    https://www.mathswatchvle.com/worksheets/gcse/Clip39.pdf

needabreak, sbkrobson and Alice K like this.
  8. Pomza

Pomza Lead commenter

Oops...;)

needabreak likes this.
  9. Teacher-in-Training42

10. Alice K

Alice K New commenter

Is this some kind of joke? All your premium resources should be copyright free and your original work. Why would a buyer want to pay for a resource that is freely available?
    Sorry for going slightly off topic.I have a free resource within my shop that is called 'Biography Poetry'. It has one word document that has 7 model exemplars, a further document with a comprehensive word mat to support/scaffold poetry composition plus a model biography of Obama - Free. It has been download hundreds and hundreds of times. Never been reviewed until today- 3 stars! Am I being over sensitive? To get someone else's work, shared freely and give 3 stars.
    Sometimes, I wonder where people are coming from!

11. marlin

From Resources FAQ
    What does copyright mean for my resources?

It means that you must check that you own the copyright to all content in your resources before you upload them to Tes Resources. If you do not own the copyright, then you must:

- either obtain the prior consent from the copyright owner to upload them
    - or ensure that you can rely on certain permitted uses under applicable law,

otherwise you could be liable for infringing the copyright of another person (See “Can I ever quote from or use work created by others in my resources?” for further information).

You can find more FAQs about Licensing and Copyright here.

12. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

**facepalm**

MissHallEnglish, Pomz and needabreak like this.
  13. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

:rolleyes: I thought we were taught about plagiarism and copyright issues during ITT, perhaps the OP is on a school centred teacher training programme... if so it highlights my often voiced view that SCITT and the like are really not always good prep for teaching compared to say the old PGCE, *the make your mistakes at school would be a worry for me as a parent but if only the powers that be actually cared.

Alice K likes this.
  14. marlin

MathsWatch - not Works - just noticed my error, but too late to edit.

15. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

I'm assuming this is a joke of some sort.

Nonetheless it's not on that TES have not picked up on this and dealt with it quickly (which I assume is the subject of the joke?)

16. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Teacher-in-Training42 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.