1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selling gold

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Jan 5, 2011.

1. If I wanted to sell some gold jewellery - where is the best place to do it to get a fair price? and does anyone know roughly what the price per gram I can expect.
    I've already ruled out the internet/tv companies that advertise widely. Thanks.

2. If I wanted to sell some gold jewellery - where is the best place to do it to get a fair price? and does anyone know roughly what the price per gram I can expect.
    I've already ruled out the internet/tv companies that advertise widely. Thanks.

3. Tesco are now paying cash for gold (with the added bonus of clubcard points if you have one).

4. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Are you watching rip-off Britain? I am too - quite a deterrent. Not that I have any gold to sell!

5. No - I'm not watching Rip off Britain..what a coincidence!
    Tesco - really???

6. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

Ha! Weird! Well like you, they are advising against these dodgy mail companies. I think I'd be more inclined to see what Tesco would offer. Or take it to a High St jeweller or two. See if you can get them to up their prices.

7. You can get current gold prices online. See a jeweller - if it's something nice you'll get more for it than just the weaight of the gold.

8. I sold a handful of old gold and got 858 quid. It was an online company. I

I rang them Wednesday, sent stuff Thursday, they emailed me with a firm price on FRiday and cheque arrived SAturday. They have an online calculator so you can work out roughly how much you can expect.
    http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/