1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selling Art and Design schemes of work/lesson plans

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by csuddes, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I' m interested to know how I would go about selling loads of schemes of work and lesson plans I have put together for both KS3 and KS4. I have been teaching for 15 years now and have put together a huge file of work I have planned. I'm interested in selling this as you can never find any decent books with ideas for Art teaching. I'm not sure whether to set up my own website, look into the whole e-book thing or find a publishing company to help me do this
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. I' m interested to know how I would go about selling loads of schemes of work and lesson plans I have put together for both KS3 and KS4. I have been teaching for 15 years now and have put together a huge file of work I have planned. I'm interested in selling this as you can never find any decent books with ideas for Art teaching. I'm not sure whether to set up my own website, look into the whole e-book thing or find a publishing company to help me do this
    Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

3. I've never done this so can't advise you on the practicalities but I have seen the Ebook format used by childminders to sell their ideas for activities and tips etc, seems like a good route to take.

4. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

Share them for free on TES Resources? You won't sell them. If they are over 15 years, only most recent will be relevant.

5. darkness

darkness New commenter

Seriously? My dismay deepens. That is new government speak that is.

6. How is that new government speak? surly we are not as creative, inspired professionals pulling out the old SOW and lesson plans from pre 2010? the art, craft and design world has already moved on!!! and so should we

i would have through Mr Gove would be happier for pupils to be taught only 'facts' and a tailored History of Art, not how to be creative and contemporary

7. darkness

darkness New commenter

Like everything else in education, it goes round in cycles. New names, new ideas, where in reality, it has been there before and will come around again.

I am all for adapting and having new SOW, but I certainly don't dismiss other things because they were there say 2 years ago which is deemed old and irrelevant. Absolute ****** with a Capital 'B'

Get new media in, great, not a problem, but let us not be so quick to dismiss things which have been tried and tested and known to work damn well.

8. artcrisis

artcrisis New commenter

yes, seriously.