1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sellers reviews

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by suesplays, Oct 30, 2018.

1. suesplays

suesplays New commenter

I’m just throwing this out there to see if other TES sellers have the same experience as me. My only reviews to date (just a handful) are from teachers making comments about me charging for my products. I very rarely get this off the other sites I sell from, including my own – the feedback to these being extremely positive and thanking me for the quality of the product and the amount of time I have saved them. I am tempted to add all these massively positive reviews that I get elsewhere to my TES product pages as sadly, to date, I have only ever received negative ones from TES customers regarding the price.

It is fair to say that most of the ‘criticism’ is around having to pay money – I think this is probably due to the ‘getting something for nothing’ mentality that does seem to prevail in certain quarters i.e. free resources. As a freelance writer, it’s a huge source of frustration – and I notice there are many sites out there now that do give scripts away for free (I couldn’t possibly comment on their quality!) Which of course is really bad news for writers like myself who actually derive an income from their writing – it is not a hobby!

I wish to say a big Thank You to TES for acknowledging that there is still a place for writers to sell their products and I would appeal to TES buyers to write some reviews that are positive! As teachers, they must know that a little praise goes a long way! Sue Russell